Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Savings in the new year

So I am really sucking at my photo a day. :( But, savings being a necessity, I'm good at that.

One of our local grocery stores double coupons on Wednesdays and Saturdays. I refuse to brave the madhouse on Saturdays, so when it is worth it, we go on Wednesdays. Today we decided to take advantage of several $10/10 items, and made a list. 

Of course, this store has SEVERAL rules for coupon doubling.  You have to spend $25 before coupons, they will double up to $1.00, and they will only double 5.  I don't usually split my transactions, but I did for today's trip.

note the 3lbs of chicken breasts  :)




I took the pic with all the items together, so all together these items right here would have run $91.36.  That is no coupons, no sales. 


With coupons and sales, we paid $34.73 and saved $56.63! A total of 42 items.  Some of these were splurges for us (the Sweet Moments dessert and the soda), but most of it is stuff we keep as staples.

What kind of savings have you come up with recently?

1 comment: