Saturday, January 1, 2011

I'm a bad blogger....

I can't believe I haven't updated in almost 6 months....bad mommy blogger.

Lets see, when we left off, we were getting ready for my sisters wedding:




Which I was pregnant and HUGE for.  Her wedding was on July 10, I was due July 28.

Two weeks before my due day, we were at mom and dad's getting car seats ready for when Alex and Matt stayed with them.  Alex was running after the cat, ran into the counter, and by some freak accident, sliced into her neck.  It needed 3 stitches to close it up, and truth be told - 5 months later it is still pretty pink.

My due date came, and a baby was born:


But not mine!  Tim's sister Tina and family welcomed baby Brett into the world on 7/28.  We joked that I could still go into labor and we could have "twin" cousins!

We waited, oh so patiently (REALLY!!) and 11 days after my due date, I started having REAL labor contractions.  Packed the kids over to our neighbors and proceeded strait to the hospital.  Labored about 6 hours total before giving birth at 1:30am August 9 to Robert Michael:


Hi World!!!

Alex and Matt promptly fell in love:

Life quickly became about learning how to manage as a family of 5.  Something we are still working on, in terms of organization.


Alex started 1st grade this year!  I can't believe how big she has gotten.  And sassy.  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't want to ring her neck, but I love her so much, and I just keep in mind what a strong woman she will be one day.

Summer dwindled into fall, and Minnesota reminded us that winter wasn't far behind. COLD weather hit in September before warming back up for a bit in October.




I had Spiderman and a RockStar invade my house on Halloween:

Isn't she a HAM!! 

Then in early November, a bombshell dropped on us....

Tim was layed off. Just like that.  Matt's birthday and Christmas still to come - and no extra income to get it done with.  I was crushed.  Pride wouldn't let me tell most of our family what had happened. I would just leave it vague with: Things are tight.  Its gonna be small this year.  A winter storm put a damper on Matt's party, and all I could feel was relief.  Even though it was just a small get together for bowling, it was just not money we had to spare. And 2 days before his birthday, Matt fell off the ladder to the bunk-beds, and cracked his head.  We consulted with the nurse line, determined that it sounded like he was ok, but if he started vomiting get him to the ER.  Five minutes later....you guessed it.  So my almost 3 year old little boy bundled up and went to the ER.  Had a CT Scan and everything.  But it was clear, and we were given the all clear, and anti nausea medication.  Couple of grumpy days later, he was back to his normal self.  

Brothers

Twins 6 years apart.

For Christmas, we just proceeded with a plan we already had - to finish a section of the basement as a play area.  This is going to be an ongoing project, we know.  But I'll update as we go along.

For Christmas, "Santa" was generous to the kids.  Santa being Aunt Tina and Uncle John....shhhhh.  Knowing things were tight, they went shopping for Alex and Matt so they wouldn't want.  I will forever be thankful to them.  


So what will 2011 bring for the Fluharty family and the blog?  Of course there will be lots about the kids!  Tim and I are both looking for jobs.  I've decided I'm going to begin training to become a Lactation Consultant, so fun things coming up there.  Don't be surprised to see birth and breastfeeding topics come up.  I'm gonna try to become more organized, both in spirit and in the home and I'm forming some ideas on how to do that. I want to complete the C25K program.  I'll share recipes that we find and try, along with our meal plans as we make them.  I'll be posting photos for Project 365.

Speaking of photos/photography - still trying to decide on what to do with that.  I have taken a step back, and I know that I'm not ready to to it for money.  I need to decide if I want to try and get to that point or not. Still up in the air....Either way, I'll be working on growing, just for myself.  And hopefully helping some others along the way.

What about you?  Any special goals/plans for the upcoming year?


No comments:

Post a Comment